Seminars and Presentations
Tax experts from the department are available to provide tax seminars and presentations throughout the state.
We teach tax seminars on the following topics for small business owners through the Small Business Center Network, which is part of the N.C. Community College System:
- Business Tax Essentials: The NC Department of Revenue, NC Secretary of State, NC Industrial Commission, and NC Department of Commerce Division of Employment Security will present a seminar titled "Business Tax Essentials". Each agency will cover basic requirements to help businesses in North Carolina understand the laws and obligations necessary to be a compliant business.
- Withholding 101: Make sure you understand your withholding obligations when you hire new employees. You will also learn about the difference between hiring someone as a contractor or an employee.
- Sales and Use Tax 101: Learn all the basics of sales and use taxes. This seminar is ideal for retailers, or any business that wants to sell.
- Common Interactions with DOR: Responding to an audit...appealing a judgment...getting help to file your taxes...even finding the right forms. Learn all about the common interactions you might have with the N.C. Department of Revenue.
- Request a Speaker for Your Group
- Upcoming Seminars
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help