Get Your IRS Transcript
A Copy Of Your Past Federal Tax Returns
You may need to get a record of your past federal tax returns, also called IRS transcripts.
IRS transcripts are often used to validate changes to your taxable income if you are disputing your state tax obligation.
Note: if the N.C. Department of Revenue conducted an audit of your return and changed items from the original return the IRS chose not to audit, your IRS transcript cannot be used to dispute the audited findings by DOR.
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help